Thursday, July 31, 2008

Enough

Luke 12:15

15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

Part of following Christ is learning to be content. Yes, I do talk about how God will provide in all areas of your life, and make no mistake about it, he will do just that, but for that to happen you have to put God first in your life. To do that you will have to put things that might be at the top of your list in second or third place. For us to fully experience the Lord, we have to be open to him, that will not happen if we jam pack our lives with chasing after the ever elusive next big shiny thing. Do you find that you are working so hard to advance your career that you have pushed God off to the side? Here is a thought, bring him up to the front of the line, put your trust and faith in him.

Contentment does not mean that you do not want or expect better things in life; it simply means that you are not expending your energy and all of your focus on trying to make something happen. It is expecting more, but happily accepting enough. I do not know if you have seen this or not, but it is a wonderful poem written by Bob Perks.


I WISH YOU ENOUGH...
By: Bob Perks

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough 'Hello's' to get you through the final 'Good-bye


We will always have enough, “never will I leave you, never will I forsake you” that is God’s promise, and he is a promise keeper. It is when we learn to be happy with enough that we will find the time to put God first in our lives. When you do that, you will see that your life will improve, not because you are forcing things in to action, but because you have taken the time to follow the path the Lord has already prepared for you.

So to each of you I wish you enough, the Lord will take care of the rest.

Peace,
Rev. T

No comments: