Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What a Loving God

Revelations 18: 4

4Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;


So many people when talking about Revelations all seem to talk about God’s great wrath, how is will destroy the world, punish the wicked…..good hell fire and brimstone stuff! This is why I chose this particular passage. What often gets overlooked it that throughout Revelations God is crying out for people to turn to him! Turn to him, repent and be saved! What love, and compassion! His wrath is at it’s highest point; he cannot stand it any longer, the day of the Lord has come…….BUT just like a loving father he is crying out for people to redeem themselves.


It makes me think of how often we tend to overlook what is truly happening in our lives. We fail to see the blessings that God is presenting to us, because we are so focused on our hardships . We get lost and wrapped up in the moment, all of the surface noise that drowns out what is actually happening. God is reaching out for us daily. If you look for his blessings you will see them, even in your time of strife!

I never understood what my Father meant when he said it hurt him, as much if not more than it hurt me when he punished me……until I had children. I only have two, and sometime it feels as if they will rip my heart right out of my chest! Imagine how God must feel! Yet in the midst of it all, all of his anger and all of his wrath, he is still sending the message Turn to me, respect, and love me, and all will be forgiven…….What a true and Loving Father we do all have!


Peace,
Rev. T

2 comments:

Sue said...

Great post. Thanks RevT.

Lance said...

Encouraging!
Blessings,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com