Friday, June 6, 2008

Grace and Faith

II Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness”.


I talk often about having Faith in God. Having the unshakeable belief that God is there for you, he will take care of you, and he will straighten the path before you.
Reflecting on that message I see that I forget to mention that there is another type of faith that is needed, and that is faith in yourself.

I have had people tell me that they did not think they were worthy of God’s love, or that they did not believe that God could care for them as an individual. What we all have to remember is what Jesus told us in John 15 “You did not choose me, but I chose you” God chose each of us, he loves us! So much in fact that he sent his only son as a one time sin erasing sacrifice for every man woman and child. How could anyone think that they are not worthy of God’s love?

We all have people in our life that tell us we are no good, that our best is not good enough, that hard as we try we will never make the mark. That garbage could not be further from the truth. We are children of the most high God, and he does not make trash. HE does not do half measures, and most of all God knew your capacity before you were born, and he offered his son for your sins, he would not do that if he did not think that we are all worthy of his grace. As the scripture reads “My grace is sufficient” it is all we need, and it is the reason why no one here on earth can tell us that we are not good enough.

So take some time and think on that, yes we all must have faith in God, and that faith will bring us through our darkest hours, but we have to have faith in ourselves as well. We have to know with the same unshakable faith that we are children of God. HE has given us his grace, and that is enough. No matter what this world might think of us it does not matter. The Lord chose us, and he has found us all worthy. SO do not sell yourself short. If God finds you worthy, what does the rest of the world’s opinion matter?

Peace,
Rev. T

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Rev T.

I do a newsletter for our church in Australia, it's only small, about 60 people, but I was wondering if from time to time you'd mind if I used some of your entries in it? Your latest one about "Grace and Faith" would be perfect for some who read it and I'd love to share it. I'd always pop the link in so people could find you online.

Sue

Brian Thetford said...

Epiphany, yes. Pleas feel free to use any of my posts for youe news letter!

Anonymous said...

GOD IS LOVE

Who on earth are you trying to be
Someone deep in human pride
Straining,striving endlessly
To right the wrongs you'd like to hide.

What on earth was expected
Couldn't mold you into type
Put you down for every fault
Tears of pain you cannot wipe.

God is love,He knows you well
Loves you just the way you are
His arms outstretched are beckoning
Come here child, you are a star.

You're the one whom I created
No mistakes are made by Me
I can make you feel elated
And in Me you can be free.

Brian Thetford said...

Verseode, I love your work! thanks for posting that!