Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Christ is the example

Philippians 2:1-5
1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:


Do nothing selfish, or in vain conceit.... AS I read this it saddens me to realize that this is the world that so many are building. Humility is not something that is taught anymore, now it is all about how special each of us are. How our needs are the ones that count. We strive for personal gain, and personal recognition, so many today will pass right by a brother in need, and in the next second admonish someone under their breath for “making them wait”, or for getting in the way.

Have we forgotten Matthew 25:40? “"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'”
I have found that when I spend less time focusing on my life, and more time looking to help others, my life improves greatly. However, when I catch myself caught up in the race of life, trying to force a square peg into a round hole, trying to reach that next brass ring….that is when I feel lost, full of turmoil, and frustration.

As I stated yesterday, Christ walked in our shoes. Now it is our turn to try to walk in his. Oh they are big shoes indeed, without a doubt we will stumble, and the shoes will not fit us as well, but it is our turn to walk in them. We should be shaping our lives in the mold of Christ, not in the mold of the CEO in the spotlight!

We are the examples that can change the way life is lived. Our lives can show others how it can be done. Most will tell you that one man cannot make a difference. I am not one man; I am one man standing with Christ, just as you are. That makes us unstoppable!
Peace,
Rev. T

No comments: