Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fixing what we did not break

John 15: 24-25

24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason."

Psalm 69:4

4 Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal.

Have to keep it short today. I included both passages because Psalm 69 is one of the passages Christ was talking about when he said " what is written in their law: they hated me without reason". Christ also told us in John 15 that if they hated him, they will hate us. The last two lines of the Psalm really speak to me. That really sums it up. Christ came to fix what he did not break. He came to repay a debt that he did not owe. Everyday we too go out in to the world looking to try and fix things that we did not break. That is really what we are here for, to go out and look for those broken people, the people who are hurting, and lost.

There is little doubt that we will be despised by some for this. There will be people who will not understand because their eyes are shut, and their ears are closed. We cannot let this deter us in our quest. We cannot falter because many do not understand, there are people out there who are lost and searching, we need to be a light for those people, and hope that the others will open their eyes in time. We will be misunderstood, and yes even hated. That should not worry us in the least. It is when the world loves us that we need to give pause!

No comments: