Saturday, March 14, 2009

My best friend

To bring this week to a close on the thoughts of friends in our lives I have to tell you about my best friend. I think you might know him. He was born in a manger. He is the one true friend I have. I call him my best friend because He love me. He truly loves me. No matter how weak I get, He is there for me. No matter if my life is great or it is rocky, all I have to do is look for Him, and I find him there by my side. When I make bad choices He is there to help me find my way. When my choices are good, He celebrates my victory with me. He has been my friend since before I was born. The best part about it. I did not choose Him, He chose me. Just like the kid from earlier this week, He just knew of some poor soul that needed a friend, a good friend, a true friend, and when I dropped my books He was there to help me pick them up.

There is no doubt that just like that lost kid who felt so alone, I too was marching to my own death. So sure that it was the right way, the only way really……Why wouldn’t I think so? So many of my friends were walking the same path. The He showed up, He picked me up dusted me off, He helped me carry my books one day, and every day since then it seems that He carries all of my books, and so much more. Who is this fella I am talking about? It is Jesus Christ. He tells us in John 15: 15 -16 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Now I run with the Lord, we spend most of our days together trying to figure out how to navigate this crazy life of mine, He helps me out a lot, more than many people would think. We also like to keep an eye out for people that were just like me, marching to their death content to chase the dreams of this earth, thinking that it is all that there is to live for. The greatest part is the other friends I have met, friends that were like me at one point but now hang out with Christ. See we spend our time helping each other out, we don’t worry too much about who is the best or who is the first, or who is liked by Christ the most. We are all friends that Christ loves the most. We build each other up, we encourage each other to chase after our dreams, and dare each other to live the amazing life that the Lord has planned for each of us!

Oh sure we run into groups who like to bash us, or think we are Jesusfreaks….(which is kinda funny because we are, ......we just don’t think that is a bad thing!) but you k now what? It is easy to see those people for what they are now, they are leaners, not lifters. They are the people who I was talking about who will take it all from you and give you nothing in return. They are the people in the world who are still lost, and while we will always try and help them, and we will always try to show them the truth; but when we see that they are not ready, we shake the dust off of our sandals as we leave.

So I invite you to meet and hang out with my best friend. Give Him a chance, He will be the best friend you have ever known, and He will be there not just for this life, but for eternity. Call on Him, you will find that he is already there. He has been waiting for your invitation. He picked you long ago, and has been watching, wanting to help....just waiting for you to call Him friend back.

Peace,
Brian

1 comment:

Lance said...

Awesome.
God bless,
Lance
www.lancessoulsearching.com