Monday, August 18, 2008

Keep Searching

Colossians 2

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.


The key in this passage is for us to continue to live in him. So often today we view our spiritual life as a point of destination. As if there is some point in the distant horizon where once we get there, we have arrived. Our righteousness is fulfilled, and we can now rest. I know that I have talked about this in the past, but as I look at continuing my walk with Christ through education, I find myself reflecting on my own past. I can remember thinking that there were people that had all of the answers somewhere out there. I did not know where they were, but I thought for sure that they had to be out there.
As I started my own journey, I found that there is no end to the knowledge; there is no end to the walk. Each day brings another opportunity to expand our knowledge of the Lord, and give him praise.

I have heard many pastors and priests preach as if they have the answers, as if they have reached some plain of existence that only few will reach, it is these men and women that I am wary of. It is only when we realize that even in the end we will only know a small fraction of what God truly is that we can start to learn truly what the Lord has to show us. Proverbs 2 tells us: 4 and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, 5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
The search for the Lord is a life long quest. One that will start with our being saved by the truth that is Jesus Christ, and will not end until all is reveled at our earthly death. SO I encourage each of you to continue the search, find more ways to include the Lord in your life. Search for his knowledge, and his truth, the more you look for him, the more he will reveal.
Peace,
Rev. T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post my friend. I am searching for the Lord in my trying times right now. I know He is there and I know He will give me the answer I need. Thank you for this uplifting and encouraging post my friend. Blessings